Monday, March 26, 2012

Gas Tax Credit?

Q.  With gas prices so high, is there a credit we RVers can take on our tax returns? I was looking through the IRS forms, and I see Form 4136, Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels.

A.  Great question, but regrettably, although we could all put this to good use, the credit applies only to fuels used on farms, and on off highway business use. In 32 years I have never had an opportunity to use this credit for someone on their tax returns.  We can dream, can't we? Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment