Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New California Tax

Q.  I understand there is a new tax in California pertaining to lumber products. Can this be paid on the CA state return the way we now pay our use taxes here in California?

A.  No. This new tax on raw lumber or engineered wood products is paid directly as an additional 1% sales tax at the time of purchase. I'm glad I'm not working for one of the many hardware stores as a sales clerk having to explain why there is an additional 1% tax on the receipt!

No comments:

Post a Comment