Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Changing your Residency

Q.  We want to change our primary residence, but have been unable to sell our house and apartment building. We became full-timers in January and want to relocate to South Dakota. Do we have to wait until our house sells before doing so?

A.  No, there is no requirement that your former house needs to sell first. Each state has different residency requirements, but selling a house in a former state isn't one of them. Usually it's the amount of time you establish in the new state. Go to the links provided on the left side of my blog. This would be a good place to start. And since you are now on the road, why not make a trip there and find out personally. Good luck with the property sales, and enjoy your new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment